Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sticky Rice Finally Opening!!!

Woo-hoo!! How long ago did they paint the facade of Sticky Rice; had to have been at least a year ago, right? Regardless, I have been slobbering over the idea of sushi restaurant just a short walk away from the Rat's Nest since I first heard about the place. My anticipation was heightened when The Skip, who used to live in Richmond (home of the original Sticky Rice), told me about how insanely good the food was at the original.

Last night I was checking on the insanity over at DCist and they linked to the Frozen Tropics post announcing Sticky Rice's soft opening this weekend. Judging by the number and content of the comments, I'm not the only person who has been awaiting this opening with bated breath.

I know that things can get a little rough during a soft opening, but I wasn't able to resist the urge to make a reservation for the 5pm seating on Saturday. I'll tell y'all more when I know more.

[updated]
OK, I know more now. According to Daily Candy if you order food from Sticky Rice 30 days in a row, they will name a roll after you. I'm taking this as a challenge! Look for the "Rat Roll" in about 35 days.

Also, there is a Sticky Rice fan site.