Sunday, October 26, 2008

I'm a Wimp

Dude, this weather out here in the MidWest is no joke!! I woke up this morning and heard the wind whipping outside. BabyRat was told about the possibility of snow last night and so we looked out the window to see horizontal rain that quickly turned into sideways snow. Shrieks of delight became squeals of excitement when a new (to her anyway) snowsuit is revealed.

First we venture out onto the balcony to check on our collection of pumpkins and jack o'lanterns. In a matter of minutes it becomes abundantly clear that if I'm going to stay out there I must get some sort of outerwear, so I put on my new Carhartt that I had bought at Fleet Farm about six weeks ago.

I thought I was looking forward to when it was cold enough to finally wear my new coat but, seriously man, this is bullshit. It's not even Halloween and this is the kind of weather insanity that's jumping off? I'm ready to go back to DC.

1 comment:

monkeyrotica said...

Consider yourself lucky. You don't have to deal with the Halloween crowd where every woman has on the same damn sexy schoolgirl costume.

And almost none of them are sexy or a schoolgirl.