Monday, November 03, 2008

GWAR in Fargo

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that GWAR was going to be playing in Fargo tonight. Originally I hadn't though much of it because when I first noticed the date of the show, we had planned to be in Montana today. But due to a change of plans we're not leaving for Montana until tomorrow night which means I am available to see GWAR tonight.

Having already seen GWAR 3 or 4 other times, I was actually thinking about not going to the show. But then when I started thinking about it, I realized that it's the night before a Presidential election that has been going on for almost two years. Add the fact that GWAR is mad political (in a funny and satirical way, not the annoying way like Sean Penn) and I'm in Fargo and the decision got a whole lot easier.

It's not like GWAR is known for subtlety in their shows. I've seen the Pope decapitated, Mike Tyson get his hands chopped off and then devoured by a dinosaur, and the list goes on. I have to wonder what bits of comedy gold GWAR is going to mine from the permanent campaign. Will they have McCain in a tiger cage being tormented by Karl Rove, Obama dressed as a suicide bomber, or perhaps something Palin related? The possibilities are almost endless.

The thing that sucks is that I don't have anyone to go to the show with here in Fargo. I'm gonna call Slayer (MSUM rugger) to see if he's down, but I'll probably end up going by myself. I'll take the camera tonight and hopefully I'll get a couple of good shots of something funny.

No comments: